Fungal Disease Control
© Frances Michaels
Suggested Organic Strategies
More information on organic fungal control...
- Good hygiene is important, dispose of fungus affected plants well away from garden areas, clean up fallen
leaves to remove spores.
- Fresh mulch laid in spring acts as a barrier to prevent spores moving back onto the plant.
- Selecting resistant varieties is important, particularly in humid areas.
- Irrigation should be designed to keep leaves dry.
- Prune plants to provide good air circulation, growing susceptible plants like cucumbers and melons on a
trellis can help.