Safe way to spray
© Frances Michaels
- Wait for settled weather with little wind and no rain.
- Dress yourself well, wear long sleeves and rubber gloves, follow packet direction carefully.
- If you suffer from allergies, wear a dust mask when handling any powdery substance.
- Only make up the amount you will use in one application. Into the sprayer put the correct amount
of concentrate. Fill slowly with water. Add 5 drops of washing-up liquid to act as a wetting or
- Spray in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid burning the leaves and to reduce the impact
on non-target insects.